Friday, March 5, 2010

A day in a life

A phone call woke me up. I thought it did. But it was an alarm I had set the previous night. Oh it wasn't the previous night. It was a bunch of hours earlier. Still, I felt like I didn't sleep a wink.

I took a quick shower and accepted my flatmate's invitation to have a cup of coffee with him in the kitchen. As always, I went for black, without sugar.

We got dressed, walked a few yards and met our Bhutanese friends- a couple, who were heading back to Bhutan. I said my goodbye. My heart felt heavy as I boarded the bus that took me to my university. I suck at goodbyes.

I had a meeting with my course advisor, an angel in a professor's disguise. She loved the topic I proposed for my research. A friend waited for me outside. We were hungry. A Japanese restaurant we picked offered to convert one of their recepies into vegetarian. Or else I would have starved.

It rained hard. My flatmates had the dinner ready. I chose to give them company with a glass of wine before withdrawing into our respective rooms. I watched Julie and Julia, an impressive act by Merryl Streep.

It is almost 11:00 pm. Thus  I have lived another day of my life. We all do. Nobody acknowledges.

No comments: